Friday 20 November 2015

A Postcard a Day - Friday 20 Nov 2015 Friday Smiles

Good Morning! 

It's Friday today and I hope life has given you plenty to smile about. If you are going through a bad time, Think of the little blessings and acts of kindness that have come your way.

Life is good for me (for us) at the moment. the building work is coming on and I have some photos to share, but first my postcard. I got it this week:
 It was sent to me by Joni in Finland. He apologised that it was not a subject from my wish list. Actually, it is very timely as my husband and I will celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary on Sunday. It was love at first sight and we still love each other as much now as in the beginning.


The stamp is another example of Finnish design. I love Finnish design. The artist is Birger Kaipiainen, who specializes in ceramics. The plate on the stamp is from 1970 and is from the 'Arabia' range:
I found it for sale in this Etsy shop for 61.84 Euros.

My husband has been working on our funny shaped bedroom and little en-suite toilet. We found some tiles left over from the main bathroom in the other house so He used them for the little loo.

The pattern is a modern version of the Andalusian/Islamic art of the Moors. (I live in Granada, so in the middle of it).
The bedroom is getting its last coat of paint.
 This is what I mean by funny shaped.... triangular! This little corner is going to be a wardrobe.
 Here is a photo of our little Precious. She has turned out to be a 'he', but we still call him Precious. I've posted this already on Tuesday, but not everybody joins in with T for Tuesday.
 And finally, this is my 'funny' for this week. It's a bit disgusting really, but it did make me smile at the same time....
 As I said before, my husband and I will be celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary this Sunday and we will probably go out for lunch somewhere. It doesn't matter really what we do. As long as we're together.
We married each other later in life, but these have been the happiest years of my life. (My husband will be 69 next week).
This says it all....

I wish you a Friday full of smiles and a good week ahead,

Blessings,

Lisca 


7 comments:

  1. Good morning Lisca. I am sat here smiling at your post today. I love that your home is quirky and has a triangular bedroom....it's good to be different and I love what you've done with it. It's so good to hear of your love for your husband after so many years in this world of throw-away everything. It takes work doesn't it but is so worth it...we have been married 33 years :-) Many congratulations to you both for Sunday....enjoy your celebrations.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proficiat met je 23ste huwelijksverjaardag de zondag! Mijn man en ik zijn 6 jaar getrouwd. Het is fijn te lezen dat er nog koppels zijn die echt van elkaar houden en graag samen zijn.

    Groetjes, Sofie
    http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Wedding Anniversary! I hope you have another 23 happy years, at least (tell him to be careful up on that ladder)! It was delightful to see the Arabia Paradiso-pattern, my mum-in-law has a cherished tea service with that pattern which we use often. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little exchange at the end. I saw it on the internet this week too. A Very Happy Anniversary to you both.
    The post card is cute and as you say, very apt.
    I must admit I smiled at the wool holder even though it is not very pleasant, and I am sure Precious is no less precious for being a boy. He is very beautiful anyway.
    Have a good week. It was nice to see you over on Rocking your World this week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. High Lisca, lovely post and thanks for the visit to mine.
    Have a great weekend, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How utterly lovely to find a new Rockette joining in when I opened my blog this Saturday morning, I love your post, your happies, your funnies, your love of the man in your life - utter bliss and I love that triangular room, have a beautiful and blessed weekend.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post Lisca ..
    ...thanks for sharing it with us. yes even the wool threading face :D and happy anniversary to you and dear hubby and blessings for many more to come.

    Happy Smiles day.
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards Fifth Blogaversary}

    ReplyDelete